Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nothing is Safe Now!!

We took Aspyn to the doctor's for her one year check-up this week and here are her stats:
Weight - 18 lbs. 6 oz. (20th percentile)
Height - 30 inches (85th percentile)
She is one skinny but tall girl. This means that now nothing is safe. She can now reach up and get things off of the kitchen table that she wants, I now have to make sure that anything is away from the edge. She also has gotten good at letting us know exactly what she wants, if she wants a drink she goes to the fridge, if she wants to eat she goes to her high chair, and if she wants to go outside she walks to the front door and knocks. She's pretty funny. One funny story about her is our prayers. She knows how to fold her arms and when she is suppose to do it. She will fold them when we all sit down at the table, when we are done reading scriptures, or when the song in church ends. She's pretty much figured it out. But if you watch her during the prayer she will play around and as soon as you start to end the prayer she will fold her arms again so that it looks like she had them folded the whole time. I think that we are in for trouble with this smart girl!
I just thought that I would add this picture of her chasing a poor unfortunate duck who decided to take a rest on our front lawn. It obviously didn't know that we had a little girl that loves to chase things in our house. Like I said, nothing is safe now!!


1 comment:

Emily said...

What a funny girl. I wish Ben would be like that for prayers. He screams as soon as either of us try to get him to fold his arms. It's not getting better either. :D

Counter

Stat Counter