We were able to take a little vacation last month to San Fransisco because Josh went for a Conference. It was a lot of fun and we did a lot while we were there. One of the things we did that I didn't get any pictures of was Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing and I wish that I had taken my camera to get a picture of the theater. Below is a lot of pictures of things that we did (and I mean a lot).

During the day while Josh was at the conference I would go window shopping. Our hotel was right downtown so we were close to so much. This is a picture of the shopping center that was 7 levels (this is from the top level looking down). It was so big that I am sure I didn't even see most of it.

On Wednesday night we went with Chris
Tressler (Josh's friend who was also there for the conference) to Fisherman's Wharf. Chris was nice enough to snap this picture of us on the Cable Car.

Here is the Cable Car on the turntable.

The Fisherman's Wharf sign.

This is Alcatraz Island from the Pier at night.

If you look really close (and I mean really close) you can see the sea lions that live at Pier 39. We couldn't really see them but we could here them, it was really cool.

The Christmas lights that you can see there are on a boat not a house. The boats along the Pier were all decked out. This is were we had dinner that night and it was a very cool experience with fish (for Josh and Chris) and sourdough bread, the full San Fransisco experience.

Here is
Ghirardelli Square, the old chocolate factory. We had to go there and buy chocolate of course.

Here we are on the beach. This was the first time that Josh had seen the Pacific Ocean.

This is Alcatraz Island during the day from the other side.

The Golden Gate Bridge. We took this right before we started walking across.

It is really big up close, it's really amazing.

Yep, it started raining while we were on the bridge. It did make for a cold walk.

Looking back at the city.

The Christmas Tree at Union Square.

Macy's all decked out in Christmas Decorations.

The view from our hotel room.
Yerba Buena Gardens, I was so amazed that the flowers were still in bloom.

Very pretty waterfall in the Gardens.

The Gate to Chinatown.

The buildings in Chinatown.

Josh in front of Willie Mays statue at Giants Stadium.

This is the place that everyone sits in
kayaks and boats and wait for home run and foul balls.

The inside of AT&T Park.

The whole reason we went to San Fransisco. Josh in front of his poster of his research for his Master's project.

And of course
Aspyn, she stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and had lots of fun. This is one of the things we brought back for her. We saw it in Chinatown and thought it would be so cute on her and we were right.
2 comments:
I'm jealous you guys got to go on a trip. I love all the pictures, and I especially love Aspyn's dress. I want one!
I hate being jealous of people, but this one is so deserved. Good for you for going and taking advantage of the oportunity. One day I will convince Mark to take me somewhere cool like that. (I hope)
Post a Comment