(I am getting to Christmas, I promise. These two post were just ones that I had started before Christmas and thought I should post now!) We had a pretty big snow storm about a week and a half ago. So big that our ward Christmas party got canceled that night and also church the next day. The funny thing is yesterday at church they made the comment that they had canceled church the week before because we had over a foot of snow and now it feels like spring (most of the snow is gone and over the weekend we got into the 50's)! We decided to take Aspyn out in it and see if we could do anything with it. Unfortunately it was pretty powdery so there wasn't much you could do with it. Here are some pictures of what we did do with it though.

Here is Aspyn all bundled up and ready to go out. She was so excited to go play in the snow, she had a different opinion after all the cold though.

Here she is on the sidewalk that had kind of be shoveled.

She really wanted to get in the snow and so Josh put her in it. This picture shows 2 things, how much snow there is and how much Aspyn really didn't like being in it!

Here is her footprints in the snow, I thought they looked pretty cool.

We did some walking around, luckily Josh and I have some pretty good boots so it was easy for us. Aspyn at the time didn't have any boots so Josh carried her a lot (she now has boots but there's no snow so maybe later she can walk in it).

Here is Daddy and Aspyn in a little wooded area by our building.

After we walked around for a while Aspyn decided she needed to go potty so we had to go inside and get all the layers off her so she could go. She then wanted to go back outside so we had to bundle her up again. Here she is with her "snowball" (just some snow she picked up saying it was a ball).

We decided to brush off our car so that it wouldn't freeze to it overnight and be easier the next day to drive. Aspyn wanted to help but struggled holding the scraper with her mittens on.

Here she is scraping the snow off of the car.

Then Daddy discovered that the snow that had been shoveled was kind of good for making a snowman with. He made a little one and moved it over to our patio so Aspyn could see it, she was pretty sad when he melted. This is them building the snowman, I forgot to get one of the finished product.

We have some neighbors that have some bird feeders that they keep stocked at all times. It's fun to see all the birds (and squirrels) that come and eat there. These birds were not bothered at all by the snow.

Or were they bothered by the fact that we were out playing in the snow about 15 feet from them.
2 comments:
Andrew and I tried to have a snowball fight - but it was so powdery that we ended up just throwing fistfuls of snow at each other!
I love these pictures! Super cute! We miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment