A lovely picture of me, in labor.
My due date came and went and I was very unhappy about that. The next day Josh had declared no baby day because he had two mid terms to take that afternoon and really didn't want to have to make them up. But my water broke that morning at about 11. But I wasn't have ANY contractions so we decided that we could probably wait. I called my doctor and left him a message but it got lost some where because he never called me back. I had let Josh know that my water had broke and I would let him know what the doctor said. He also had the car that day because it had been raining and I didn't think it would be a big deal for him to take it. He called me in between his test to make sure things where okay but I had only had about 2 contractions in the last hour so I told him not to worry about it and to take his other test. When he was about done with his test I called the doctor back to find out that he had already left for the day and didn't get my message (so frustrating). So I talked with the doctor on call who told me just to go to the hospital in the next couple of hours. Josh got done with his test and came home and ate dinner. By that time I was starting to have some contractions (about 10 minutes apart) and we left for the hospital. My parents were here so that was nice to just be able to leave Aspyn with them. By the time we got to the hospital and hooked up to the machines I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes (we were pretty excited about that because when my water broke with Aspyn they had to put me on the pit because I wasn't having consistent contractions). But when the doctor checked me I was only at a 2 (the same that I was with Aspyn when I first got checked). She decided that we would just wait and see how things were going. After about an hour my contractions had slowed down and so they decided to start me on the pit. After about an hour or so of being on the pit I decided that I was ready for my epidural and they checked me and I was at a 5 so they got my epidural going and I felt pretty good after that. About an hour and a half after my epidural the nurse came back and checked me and said I was about a 6 or 7. She then put in a catheter to empty my bladder and told me to let her know if I felt any pressure to push. I told Josh that we probably had another hour or so and to go down to the car to get some change to get something to eat (the vending machine wasn't taking his 5). He decided to wait a little longer and we were bother so glad he did. About 5 or 10 minutes after she put in the catheter I was feeling pressure, a lot of pressure. I called the nurse and when she checked me she said I was a 9 1/2 and that she was going to get the doctor. I was dying at this point because I had to push and was having a hard time not doing so. Josh wanted to go back out and get the nurse because he said there was no way he was going to deliver the baby by himself!! Luckily the doctor was on her way to check on me when the nurse went to get her so she was right in. They got everything ready and told me to start pushing. I pushed for about 2 minutes (I'm not exaggerating on that either) and she was here. Josh wasn't able to cut the cord because when she came out it was wrapped around her neck twice and around her body once. The doctor was not quite ready because she came out so fast and was in a hurry to get the cord off of her. She hurried and cut the cord, but unfortunately she did that before she had clamped it and so blood went everywhere. But they got it off of her, put her up on me and got her breathing and crying. They had no idea that the cord was around her like that because she had not shown any signs of being in distress so that was good. They got her crying and I got to hold her for a few minutes before they took her to weigh and measure her and get her cleaned off. She was over a pound smaller and over an inch smaller than Aspyn and has a lot more hair than Aspyn did too. But other than that they look a lot a like. We were so glad to get her here and glad that she was healthy.


1 comment:
Wow! I'm glad it all turned out well and that you're pushing time was short! I pray my pushing time will be short with this baby because I was pushing for 2 horrible hours to get Luke out.
Post a Comment