Friday, May 14, 2010

Washington's Crossing

While my parents first got here to help when we had the baby I was still pregnant and miserable. So our plan was to try and get me to go into labor (plan did not work). But we walked and walked and walked just about every where!! One day I took them out the the Washington's Crossing of the Delaware (a very important part of the revolutionary war, you can Google it if you are really interested). We were very lucky and went on a day when the New Jersey battalion where there practicing for the upcoming season of reenactments around the state. Here are only a couple of the pictures that I took of them.

Here they are getting their guns checked. They have to make sure that every gun is going to fire without any problems before they do anything.
This was a perfect shot of them firing.
Another shot of them firing their guns. Aspyn was not a fan at all and my mom had to take her away. I was looking forward to going to a real reenactment this summer but not sure how that will go over with her!
This is a shot of the Delaware river from the Pennsylvania side from where Washington and his men started their crossing. Very cool place to go and see.

No comments:

Counter

Stat Counter