Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Question?
I have a question for all of you out there. Aspyn is now at the age where she is a lot of fun. She is starting to figure things out and wants to discover things. So, here is the question. Do any of you have some fun and creative activities for infants/toddlers? I have decided to spend about an hour each day doing something different with her that involves learning. I have made some things for her but I was wondering if anyone could give me any more ideas. So, if you do leave a comment for me. Thanks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
How fun! I just read a book that Tiffany showed on her blog about how important it is to play with kids and that they learn the best through play. (Thanks, Tiff!) I agree with that concept. Your baby needs you more than anything. That's not at all helpful as far as recommending activities, but it has put me into a mindset that has helped me feel like Amy is getting more of what she needs. Oh, and one more thing. The said when you are playing with toys to follow the baby's lead. Do what they are doing. Don't try to make them follow your agenda for play. Following them is what they will benefit from most. I didn't mention any specific ideas to do, but I hope this is still helpful.
I just wrote a post at The Mother's Lounge...I'm not sure if it is what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps. :)
There are so many books that you can find about ideas on incorporating play and usually they are laid out based on age, because you always want to be doing activities that are developmentally appropriate (not expecting a child to something that they can't or shouldn't be doing based on their age). Two other books I like are "Baby Days" (Activities, Ideas, and Games for Enjoying Daily Life with a Child Under Three) By Barbara Rowley and "Play Unplugged" by Bobbi Conner. Infants also love repetition, so singing the same songs or reading the same books over and over are great for them. Usually I try to thing of things that I would be fun to do and it makes me look forward to doing those things with Logan. The biggest thing is to enjoy and play with your baby!
Janette! Remember me?! Oh my goodness, I just started this new blogger adventure and I happened across your site! Your family is so darn cute! kathrynpace.blogspot.com is my little blog if you feel like checking it out. Nothing too exciting there! Still single, still working, still going to school, still being awesome! I hope you're doing fantastic!! So great to see you (sorta!)
Hey Nettie! I've been meaning to post a comment to this, but kept forgetting. Some of the things I love to do best with Sarah and Ben are go outside (they love exploring the different textures and colors you can find), read books (we do LOTS of that and for Aspyn's age I'd do more talking about the pictures and making things up than reading the words - probably something you already do), music time (either listening or playing the piano yourself - involve lots of banging on instruments such as pots, pans, wooden spoons, old oatmeal containers, old prescription bottles filled with rice or beans make great shakers), and dancing (just go crazy). There are so many things you can do that teach them. I have that "Baby Days" book Tiff mentioned. I'd love to lend it to you...let me know and we can bring it when we come!!!
Post a Comment